Friday, April 23, 2010

On a boat!

So I know, I know, I've been MIA for a while now... so much going on! Even though we're what, um, nine months out from the wedding, I'm still not in high gear planning! Don't ask me why, but I feel like I have a lot of time to figure stuff out, so I'm taking my time, ha! I'm sure this will come and bite me in the butt later, but for now, I'll take it easy! Hehe.. I'm a procrastinator, what can I say!

So, recently, we booked our photographer, yay! Originally I had found them online, and loved their soft vintage look, I was in love. A good friend of mine ended up booking them for her wedding. I knew I wanted them for my wedding, after all they did awesome work. I kept trying to find other photographers just in case, but never could find anything compared to their work. Even thought they were a bit pricey, I think it was a decision well made. To me, the photography is important on my list. Once the wedding is over, all you have are pictures, and I want our pictures to tell the story of our day... I can't wait, check out their work, Ana&Ivan Photography.

So, on that note... even though our engagement pictures probably won't happen for a while, I've been trying to come up with ideas for our shoot. I still love the idea of a swanky hotel shoot, but when I told J, he seemed a bit hesitant, pictures in a hotel? woop-ti-do... When I said we weren't really outdoorsy, he kind of got offended, ha, since he has a boat, he said he likes to be outside and stuff. So I started thinking, how cool would it be to take our engagement pictures on a boat... I'm sure we could do some fun stuff on the boat and then some more formal/swanky pictures elsewhere? So I started googling...

When I stumbled upon these pictures from Sloan Photographers (I love their work!), I almost died... I love them... now of course, I don't think I'd wear a bathing suit like that, and I doubt J would go topless, but maybe haha... we have enough time to really get in shape! Lol! J's boat is a little different, but it would be us, you know... it might be a good idea, but then a bad idea, summer = super hot in Houston = runny/melty makeup lol... I'll have to think about this one for a while! This is just a thought... another thought on top of the countless one's in my head haha.

For now, let's just enjoy the pictures!!




I love this one...
All images via Sloan Photographers blog

4 comments:

  1. Thats cute! the whole boat thing.. I mean you dont have to wear a bathing suit.. you could wear a nice sun dress or something.. ya know.. but there is a lot of time to get in shape. And did you book the ones that did Martha's wedding???? OOOhhh I am soo excited! And Amanda, time is FLYING!!! 9 more months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No we didn't get the one's that Martha got.. they're waaaay too expensive. These photographers are doing Anna & Ray's wedding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I viewed their blog and then I saw the pics of Ana and Raymond on there.. How exciting!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for the kind words regarding our work. :)

    ReplyDelete