Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Swanky Engagement

A lot of our friends are getting married this year. I'm excited, but it's stressful planning a wedding when a lot of your friends are planning one too. It's not so much catty, but I think everyone wants to know what everyone else is doing, by nature.

I've been looking in to engagement sessions around the wedding and photography blogs in the interwebs, and I think I realized something. Those outdoor engagement sessions are beautiful and all, but I don't think that's something I would want. Being that we're probably going to take our engagement pictures sometime in the summer, or when it's hot out, I don't want to be outside sweating. Here in Houston, its hot up until September, even October.. And even if the weather wasn't an issue, we're not very outdoorsy people. I hate being hot, and well I guess J is a little more outdoorsy than I am, but not so much.

When I was perusing the Sloan Photographers blog, I saw these lovely engagement pictures that I absolutely loved! The couple took their pictures at a Penthouse in Arizone. So dramatic, yet simple. I love! This is something I could definitely do, pictures at a swanky hotel, yes please! Now I have to find said swanky hotel and our photographer!







check out the entire session here.
On another note, J and I have been engaged one whole year... wow...

3 comments:

  1. that would be cute and different! everyone does do something outdoors. and you dont want your make up running in the heat!!! cute sister!! good luck finding a "swanky" hotel haha

    congrats on the 1 year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea and it would be soo you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First love your blog! So much fun to read all the thoughts on my mind :)
    Doing a hotel engagement shoot as well!! I live in LA and it's a fab hotel called Vice Roy soooo LUSH! be sure to call the hotel you have in mind to see how much they charge (Vice Roy has us paying $150 for 3 hours)....
    I'll def be checking in on you :)

    Go 2011 Brides!!!! lol...

    Forever,
    Erlinda Denise

    ReplyDelete