Friday, April 3, 2009

Bummed

We had originally wanted a Sunday wedding, but now that may not happen. See the thing is that I just found out that the Catholic church does not perform weddings on Sundays. It's like a rule against the church, since Sunday is considered a holy day. So I'm kind of bummed now. I had finally convinced Jesse to marry in a Catholic church, and now I'm not sure what's going to happen.

The reason we were thinking of a Sunday wedding, first of all, there's lots of cost savings, and second, it just sounded like a good idea after thinking about it. Now Jesse says let's just get married outside of a church, and still do the wedding on a Sunday... I'm not too happy about that. Don't know if I'm just being a brat, but I want to get married in a church.. The architecture is beautiful, and it would mean a lot to my mom.

Here are some possible churches we can get married at, of course Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart is my first choice, hands down. We went to the older church when we were younger.

Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart:
St. Anne's Catholic Church:
Holy Rosary Church:

Annunciation Catholic Church:
Hopefully we will find a solution to this whole Sunday/church issue.. most likely we will switch our wedding to Saturday. Maybe that's a better idea in the end? I haven't been confirmed with the Catholic church, even though the church will marry you even if you are not confirmed (I just found this out also).

If any one else is interested, the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart is offering adult confirmation courses, beginning Wednesday, April 15, at 7pm. The courses last 7 weeks and you can go on April 15 to register and get a class schedule.

P.S. I need to post some pictures of our engagement party. It was so much fun, having all of our friends and family there. Pictures to come soon, promise!

2 comments:

  1. I love these Catholic Churches. They are beautiful!! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, I wonder how your wedding planning is going? I noticed the beautiful churches in this particular post, including St. Anne's Parish and Annunciation Church. These images are from my website and are my pictures see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/marylea/111033131/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/marylea/116245289/.

    My Flickr profile explains that my photos are copyrighted, and asks that people request permission or at least minimally give credit to me as the photographer, as a courtesy. I see you already follow this practice with many of the images in your blog, so in my case it was probably just a simple oversight as you are certainly very excited about planning your wedding and beginning your beautiful life together as a couple.

    This is just a friendly request and reminder, that while my images are available for all to see, they are copyrighted and not in "public" domain.

    Thanks so much and God Bless you and your fiancé! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete