Thursday, April 23, 2009

Veils, veils, and headpieces..

So I've been thinking... I've always wanted a wedding veil that is pretty traditional. They are called "Mantilla" veils. I think they are so beautiful. I love how, in this picture from Paloma Blanca, the model is wearing it towards the back, and not on her forehead. It looks a little more modernized. But I guess you have to pick your dress first, huh, then your veil!! Doesn't hurt to look though :)

Mantilla Veil Front

Mantilla Veil Back
I've also noticed so many brides are now wearing these vintage inspired veils. The "birdcage" veils. They are gorgeous, just not sure I would be able to pull one off?? And what kind of dress to wear with it, a simple one I suppose?

I especially love this one in particular, which of course... I would love the most expensive one I've seen so far. The headpiece is custom designed by Jennifer Behr. Such a beauty...


There are also other options for headpieces, that are a little more budget friendly. There's this site called Etsy, not sure if you've heard of it, but they have tons of handmade things. Most of them are beautiful. You can find so many things there, you can get lost in that site! Here are a few headpieces I found from Etsy.

These two are from Etsy shop Ohmydeer.





These last two are from Etsy shop Heknowsmylastname.




4 comments:

  1. love that top veil, congrats on engagement I am a fellow bride to be and stumbled across your blog looking for a pic to show my fiance of my church. I know how it is to convince your man to marry in the Catholic Church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all of these delicate headpieces! Thank you for including me in your blog roll! ;) Good luck on your upcoming wedding and beautiful marriage. xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your engagement. I'm also looking for a veil just don't know what type. I'm in love with the old Hollywood glamour. The who classy, and seductives 40's n 50's. I unfortunatly live I'm Mexico df and we aren't use to seeing this type of veils at a wedding. I love this birdcage veils and seriously thinking on buying something similar to the one you liked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the information. It would be great to check out more of your veils' designs.

    ReplyDelete